Monday, June 16, 2014

Doc Says I'm a Star Student

Yes, I am an over achiever and I admit it.  But if I'm going to put myself through this much pain and rehab, I'm going to get every thing I can out of it.  So it goes with my knee.  I am ahead in the bend of my knee and everything in general according to my doc.  Maybe he's just being nice and encouraging me, whatever, it's working because the sooner I have this new knee whipped into shape the sooner I can continue on doing what I like to do.

I got my staples and all the dressing off today, traded it in for steri-strips:


It's looking so good and it feel good to have the staples out - those pesky things were itching and pulling.

We also got an x-ray of my new bionic knee - isn't it pretty:


Everything is looking the way it should and I'm well on my way to a great recovery.  I'll have the CPM machine for one more week, take blood thinners for 2 more weeks and see the Doctor again in 4 weeks.  Until then it's all about the physical therapy and doing my exercises.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm SO glad you're an over achiever! I know you want to get back on the treadmill and your normal activities so badly. With your attitude I have no doubt you'll get everything out of this surgery that is possible!

Prairie Stitcher said...

Lovely, really lovely. It's the best way to be an over achiever, yes it is. Keep up the good work. You'll be in the next marathon at this rate!

Jennifer said...

Well done you! You will be running around again before you know it.

DeAnna S said...

You are going to do great! The surgical pain will go away and you will be left with NO knee pain which for me made the surgical pain bearable! I had both my knees replaced last year, four months apart. I'm almost a year out from second surgery. My new knees have changed my life! You go girl!