Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Electric Carts at Costco

Have you ever driven one of those electric grocery shopping carts??  They look simple enough and really they are quite simple.  Simple if you are alone in the store and there aren't dozens of people weaving in and out of the fray, crossing in front of you, children running wild rather than staying by their parents cart, etc.  When you factor all that in, they are a nightmare to drive.  Yesterday CR and I went to pick up some prescriptions, pick up some stuff at the grocery store and since the weather has been so crappy, rainy, windy, chilly we decided to go to Costco too.  I can get along pretty good just using a cart at the grocery store, but I knew I couldn't walk all of  Costco just yet.  So we decided that I would use an electric cart.  Wow, it was more exhausting than just walking I think.  I swear I had so many people cross in front of me, kids dart in front of me, and it seemed people actually act annoyed that a person is in one of those carts, or at least that I how I felt.  That said, we got our shopping done and by the time we got home I was beat I was so tired.  I admire the elderly folks who drive those things around and make it look easy.

Today I had my last blood draw done and on Sunday I will be done taking the blood thinners.  Tomorrow morning they'll haul my CPM machine away.  I've had it for 3 weeks and it's hard to believe it's been that long, seems like I just got home from the hospital.  That last 10+ degrees of bending my knee are going to challenge me and I don't know that anything will make it easier than a bit of suffering and a lot of hard work.  I have about 8 more days of the heavy duty drugs and the doc wants me to take them all before switching to just the one drug.  Probably a good idea, but I hate having no focus and no ability to sew.

Our cabinets were delivered yesterday and are in the garage.  The contractor is out of town so he will be here on Sunday to open and inspect for any damage.  Then we will see where we will be on his schedule.

The longer it takes the more time I have to get this knee in shape so I can do more and clean after the kitchen is done.

As I said earlier, it's been really chilly lately and miserable because I've just had bouts of not being able to get warm.  Luckily this afternoon brought about the promised change by the weather man and the sun is shining and it's 80 degrees out there.  I don't want it to be super hot, but I sure didn't enjoy the chilly weather we had for a while there.

How's the weather and summer progressing in your neck of the woods?

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam







3 comments:

Jackie said...

Those carts probably require a lot of practice which is thankfully something you won't need a lot of because you're going to be able to walk Costco soon!

Have you peeked into the cabinet boxes? I'm looking forward to seeing them!

Lady of the Cloth said...

When I had foot surgery I drove
one of those carts in Winco and took out half of the produce department! I know how you feel. Glad you are getting along so well. Keep it up.

Candace said...

Hey Tammy...just catching up here. Glad to hear all is going so well! Love that beauty shot of your knee - yikes! I would have loved to get in front of your cart at Costco and give you a bad time - NOT! Sounds like you're making the best of it! Keep up the good work!
Cheers!