Sunday, June 29, 2014

I'm so Boring....................

So I'd love to do a post about all sorts of exciting things I've been up to, but.....................I got nothin!!  Except for picking over 60 pounds of blueberries and getting a sunburn, and going to PT and getting my pain managed, I done nothing.  How sad and boring is that.

Today I started cleaning out the one living room of stuff so that we can put the washer and dryer in there and leave a path from the kitchen to the door for our remodel.  The replacement cabinets are shipping on July 3rd and we are excited to just get it going already.  You know that feeling - you've planned, you've worked for it and now it's like come on, lets get it moving and get it done so we can focus on other things.

I am still going to PT 3 times a week and sometimes I'd just like to give my therapist the knee, but I know it would hurt me far more than him.  And it's only when he's making it hurt more really, the rest of the time I really like him.  I have 113 degrees bend on my knee - lord what will it take to get to 120 and how much pain will I endure.  I got good results when I sat on the table and he would bend my knee that way, but now it's the harder position of laying flat on the table and raising my knee up - yeah, that's not nearly as easy and the results are hard to achieve and my whole leg just quivers.  I almost yelled "Uncle" last Friday but I refrained from any embarrassing outbursts, haha.  When you were a kid did you yell "uncle" as a way to say - I give up when wrestling with siblings and friends?  It's not a term I hear anymore, but I used it as a kid.

We are gearing up to have company on the 4th of July.  My friend Kelly is newly retired (as of this past Friday) and she needs a celebration, so that is what we are having.  It should be fun and a relaxing day too.  My house is rather torn apart for the big remodel so I hope she won't mind that, I think as long as the food is good she won't care.

My Auntie will be having a test tomorrow, so if you pray, say a little prayer for her that it's good results, or send her good vibes.  I'll be thinking about her all day for sure.

So what are your plans for the holiday weekend?

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sending good thoughts to your Auntie, Tammy. Keep up with the good (PT) work, it will pay off in the end!

Candace said...

Glad go hear all is going well, Tammy! Do me a favor and don't injure the PT guy (wink)! He might whop you one back - lol! Have fun with company and good luck to your Auntie!
Cheers!

Prairie Stitcher said...

We're sticking close to home until NEXT week; then, we're going camping and/or fishing and/or out to dinner since our anniversary is coming up. On the weekend there are always a lot of fireworks in our town so it will be popcorn, in the car, for a few hours of watching our town celebrate. It's one of my favorite holidays. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming......