Tuesday, June 3, 2014

It's over, it's done and I'm in no hurry to do that again!!

Last Thursday I had my knee replaced and boy did it need it.  Of course with any situation like this there has to be something funny  to share with friends and for me, it would be my "drunk dial" to my Aunties in  North Carolina.  I truly just wanted to let them know that all was fine and I would call them back when I could talk and makes sense.  But me on drugs, well not a chance of that happening.

Poor Aunties came home to a weird, slurred, message that half way though I got the hiccups and apparently they couldn't hear it so I pointed it out to them.   Safe to say I should not be allowed to use a phone during these times.,      I called them the next day and we did have a laugh about it. 

Haven't had much of an appetite lately so Poor CR, he had pick up some soups at the store and other things that I might eat if I did decide.  Tomorrow I start my Physical Therapy.  I think it's mostly an evaluation day where they see where I'm at and what I need to work on.  I know this much - I want to kick the darn walker to the curb and soon.  It's amazing the progress that I've made just since Thursday.  But I have a Long Way To Go.  Oh well I'm ready!!

Well maybe I can get back to sleep, talk to you soon!
Tam

6 comments:

Prairie Stitcher said...

I'm so glad to see you are on the mend. I've been checking every day. Another friend up here had her knee replacement three weeks ago and she's walking without her cane already. Amazing! You've got the right spirit....just kick that old walker right out of your life as soon as possible....um, but use your other leg to do the kicking, okay?

Jennifer said...

You are off to a flying start with your recovery!

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I know exactly how you are feeling right now! The appetite will come back. I ate only yogurt and soup for quite a while. Good luck with PT. It seems impossible at first but day by day you will start to notice gains. Your drunk phone call cracked me up because I sent my husband a drugged text that makes no sense! He still has it on his phone to tease me with once in a while.

Lady of the Cloth said...

I'm glad you are on the mend. Sometimes when you hurt so bad before surgery, the post surgery pain is a piece of cake. My best thoughts and wishes are winging their way to you.

Jackie said...

I have a feeling you're going to graduate with top honors from PT. You're already ready to get back to your normal activity.

Sweet Tea said...

So very happy to find this post tonight! I've prayed for you and you sound wonderful - all things considered. You are one TOUGH gal! Yes.You.Are. So happy you have the new knee! I just KNOW you're gonna continue to do well!