Friday, July 11, 2014

120

Odd post title isn't it.  Not so odd though when I tell you that today, 6 weeks post surgery, I got 120 degree bend with my new knee.  The goal has been 120 degrees or better and I reached 120 today.  I'm so close to having my leg be perfectly straight that it's amazing.  I have been working hard to get that bend to 120 and when I got it today I wanted to jump off the PT table and dance!!

I also hit another goal today - I'm back to driving.  I'm not on as many pain meds and my leg is feeling strong so it was time to get back into the drivers seat.  The worst of my pain seems to be between 3pm and 6pm - that end of the day and being active pain when parts are still healing.

Not much else to report.  Maddie is rested after her day of beauty (torture in her mind) and it's hot as heckola around here - supposed to be in the 100's for the next week or more and hot nights too.  Ugh, thank god for whomever invented air conditioning. 

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's a good report! Just keep out of the driver's seat between 3 and 6pm, and you (and the other road users out there) should be safe.

Jackie said...

Congratulations! I know you've worked hard to get to 120 and to get back behind the wheel. The hard stuff is all behind you!

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Wonderful news! I don't know why PT's think that you must get to a certain degree of bend in a certain amount of time. In my experience with my 2 knee replacements, more bend and strengthening comes in the months that follow. You still have swelling and it will gradually get better and the bending will be no problem. My knee feels great now. Swimming and walking has been a pleasure this summer. Last summer was torture. Enjoy the driving. My mood changed big time once I could drive.

Carline said...

We on the wet side of WA are supposed to hit 93 today and over 100 tomorrow! We aren't used to this a bit. My DH was in the tri cities one day this week at 9:00 am and texted me that it was already 90 degrees. WOW. No thank you. We are light weights and have air conditioning too.

Carline said...

I hit go too fast! I wanted to say good job and congratulations on your 120. Don't push it and have to start all over.

Candace said...

Woo-hoooooo! I knew you could do it, Tammy! Being back to driving again is a life changer - let me tell you! Now the trick is to stay cool. 101 here at the moment. It took about 10 minutes for some delicates to dry outside! Have a great weekend and give Maddie a love for me - she looks gawjus!
Cheers!

Sweet Tea said...

So happy for you, Tam. You've endured a lot to get to this point. YAY for Y-O-U! I admire your umph!

Prairie Stitcher said...

I glanced at your post and thought, it's 120 degrees where she lives? Wow! But, no, wrong kind of degrees, right? Congratulations! You are awesome. We're all so proud of you! You're intripid, unflappable, courageious and other superlatives! Keep up the good work and stay cool. Isn't this weather just the worst? 101, as I write.