Friday, July 18, 2014

Demolition

This Sunday we will start out drive way camping.  We are moving into the 5th wheel for a while because on Tuesday our present kitchen is being demolished.  Then we'll have our electrician doing some work, we'll be doing some patch work and the following Monday and Tuesday we will have the new kitchen installed.  Cabinets that is, the counter top people need the cabinets in place to make the final measurements to pour the counter tops and I just found out that they'll be here on the 30th or 31st for final measurements and it will take 3 to 4 weeks before they install - OMG, I could cry, I don't think I can live in my driveway that long - we'll have to figure out a way to live in the house and wash dishes somewhere else.  And this is why I hate/dread remodeling.

So here are pictures of the kitchen as it is now:









Old and not so pretty, but wait till you see what we are doing, I think it's going to be so awesome!!

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, Tammy - your new kitchen will be so good! Look at it this way.......at least you have something to camp in, if you didn't it might have to be a tent in the back yard and that would be even less fun.

Candace said...

Gosh - one delay after another. But it will be so worth it in the end, Tammy! Reminds me of an apt I lived in as a college student - no kitchen sink so I had to wash dishes in the tiny bathroom sink! Can you live in the house and just wash dishes in the RV? Or with the warm weather, you could just set up a couple of buckets outside for washing and rinsing. Hmmm...I think I like my first idea better! I know you'll figure it out!
Cheers!