Monday, July 14, 2014

It's as Hot as an Oven Outside!!

Yep, it's as hot as an oven and just completely unpleasant to be outside if you don't have to be.  I went to physical therapy this morning and walking out of the house was a blast of hot air.  It's in the 100's and as far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter where in the 100's - once it's over that mark, it's hell.  So I think we are in hell at the moment.  As luck would have it, by the weekend the weatherman says it should cool to the 90's, hmmm, not exactly cool, but I'll take it.

Speaking of PT - a replaced knee is a fickle thing.  Last week I hit 120, today I only bent to 117.  This whole thing is an exercise in patience because one day you're super woman, the next day not so much.  Up and down, one step forward, two step backward.

Well enough of my fickle knee.  I've been busy.  This weekend we went to Farmers Market and I bought some peaches.  Which meant I came home and made CR a Sour Cream Peach pie.


It sure is a good pie.  I also got started on a quilt of valor and here is the first of 20 blocks I will need to make (in different fabrics):


And I also put that embroidery finish together to make a flanged pillow.  The instructions were a bit vague, but I was able to find an awesome you tube video on it and it turned out really nice I think:



I made an envelope back and since pillow forms don't come smaller than 12x12, I even made the pillow form I stuffed in there.  Now I just need to catch up with my friend Robyn so I can give her the pillow.  It's not for any special occasion, its just because she is such a good friend and has been for over 30 years (but I'm still in my 20's - imagine that).

Tomorrow I have a doctors appointment for my knee.  I'm sure they'll be pleased with my progress.  They have to keep track of me until they release me, 3 months after surgery.

Our replacement cabinets came today, hooray.  We talked to the contractor and it may be another 2 weeks before he starts as he has a job ahead of us.  UGH, waiting is getting to be hell.  So between waiting and the weather, oh lord I need a break, right!!

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Tammy, your pillow is beautiful - the fabric choices are inspiring! I've been making my own pillow forms forever.....nice looking pie too, I bet it smells good.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Wow on all accounts, Tammy. You've been busy for a gal in 100 degree temps! Hope the A/C is cranked up (or there was lots of vanilla ice cream to go with the gorgeous peach pie!)

You continue to amaze with with your sewing and needlepoint and how productive you are despite knee surgery. Your work is lovely and as always, I love your color and fabric choices.

Keep up the good work at PT and hang in there with the therapy.

xo jj

Prairie Stitcher said...

Yup. We all need a break.We're only at 95 so I don't think we'll hit the century mark today. Tomorrow night promises to be a little cooler, too, which will be a blessing. I've been getting up at 4 am to open the house up front and back to let the breeze through and give our kitties a thrill. They got quarter sized hail in Spokane. My friend's greenhouse with a glass roof has quarter-sized holes in it now and the outside garden is in rags. He gardens at Airway Heights. We didn't see a bit of the moisture down here, though. Candace said it rained really good in her town. Such is life in the desert, eh? That pillow is so pretty. Inspiring, really. Thanks for sharing with us.

Candace said...

You're hanging in there so well, Tammy - even in this miserable heat! We were in your neck of the woods yesterday - thank goodness for a/c in the car! Robyn will love her pillow - such a sweet and gorgeous gift! Hope your kitchen work gets started soon!
Cheers!

Sweet Tea said...

Wish I had a piece of that pie. It looks yummy! I bought a Peach Pie Saturday and was disappointed with it. Guess I need to get busy like you and make "the real thing".