Saturday, July 26, 2014

Quilt of Valor

I finally finished the Quilt of Valor I've been working on.  It's for someone special to me.  It's queen size, so it's bigger than a typical quilt of valor.  I used Minnick and Simpson's Grant Park fabric and I'm thrilled with how it turned out.



Our flooring guy is here doing his part and then we are ready for cabinets on Monday.  Things are coming together after a lot of stress to get everything and everyone scheduled, etc.

The heat is turning back on here and we are going back to the triple digits, ugh.

A friend gave us some delicious peaches today so I baked CR a peach cobbler.  He's been working so hard patching the walls, painting, etc.  He deserves a vacation, but no rest for us for a while.  I think as long as all of this just comes to an end and our schedule slows down he'll be happy.  I know I'll be happy.

Hope you all are having a fantastic weekend.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Beautiful quilt! It will be treasured.

I'm quite sure that CR appreciates the peach cobbler you made him!

Sweet Tea said...

The quilt is gorgeous!!! Your someone "special" is gonna be thrilled when they get this. You sound good, Tam - I'm so glad. BTW, the only thing better than Peach Pie is Peach Cobbler! Glad you're on schedule with the remodeling.

Jennifer said...

Peach cobbler - yum! What a great quilt, it suits the fabric so well.

Prairie Stitcher said...

Your quilt is a beauty! And your floors and all will be wonderful. Did you opt for vinyl or tile or ...?

Candace said...

WOW~ What a gorgeous finish, Tammy! I know that someone special will be thrilled! Bet CR was thrilled, too! I'd bake that man lots of goodies and if he's anything like Mr. Squash, and I think he is, he'll finish up in no time!
Cheers!

Judy said...

What an awesome quilt! I'm sure that it will be treasured by the person receiving it.