Monday, July 28, 2014

The Kitchen so Far

Oh my we are back in the triple digits again today, this week, who knows for how long.  Ugh it's so hot I can't stand it and of course I had to go to the laundry mat to do laundry today.  I also did PT today and bent my knee to 126 degrees, whoohoo.  A knee that has it's original parts usually bends between 130 and 140 degrees, so I'm pretty pleased with my progress and the goal was 120, so I've achieved it and then some all in 8 weeks!!

Today they started the cabinet install.  A few issues arose, but it's easy enough to fix, but there are always issues, ugh I'll be so glad when it's all done.  Given what we do need to fix, I think we'll  hold off moving into the house for a while longer because it involves plaster mud, sanding, painting so no sense in putting the house in order again, right.

Alright, here it is so far:

The washer and dryer go in this empty place.  The floor cabinet
is new to us, we used to have a roll out dishwasher there.

The fridge goes next to the wall.  The cabinets above and
on the floor are all new cabinets that we've not had before.

The stove will go here and under the short cabinets will be a new stove vent (something
we didn't have before and I'm thrilled about.  Also the cabinet on the left is new for us.

The sink will be under the window.  Once the sink and countertops
are in place, the wall will be tiled around the window also.
The floor we had done a few years ago and we just had to have some tiles installed for where it was bare floor from the sink cabinets that were torn out.  The tile is a type of laminate flooring with grout, etc, but warm, not cold as porcelain tile tends to be.

Our friend Ken was just here and he and CR were looking things over, we discovered that they didn't leave the required 30 inches required for the stove, ugh.  I'm telling you it's just one headache after another.  I feel so fortunate to be getting this new kitchen, but I tell you I hate remodeling and I don't think anything more will be done to this house while I'm still breathing.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

It will be gorgeous when it's done......not much longer to put up with that mess, now!

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Great news on the knee. My knee has felt so good this summer while I am at the lake swimming and running around with my grandsons. And having been through a kitchen remodel, I feel your pain.

Judy said...

Congrats on the progress on your knee pt!! Your kitchen is going to be lovely when it's done. House project never flow according to plan, do they? Something always comes up, no matter how well you plan....

Jackie said...

It's looking good and will be worth it in the end. No remodel is without its problems.

Candace said...

I love your cabiner choice, Tammy! It's so rich and pretty looking! I thought that space for your stove looked awfully small. I wonder what they'll do to fix it? Stay cool and great news on your knee!
Cheers!

Sweet Tea said...

It's looking soooo good!!
I understand your frustration but it is gonna be worth it when it's all done. You're gonna be so glad you dealt with it and persevered...Congrats on all the success with the bionic knee. You're a Wonder Woman, for sure!!

Lady of the Cloth said...

i am excited for you. It will all be worth it. I hope you are surviving the heat. It has been in the 90"s here and humid as can be which is unusual. YUK