Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Countertops

Finally, the day has come and I have counter tops and a sink.  I can't wipe them down or do anything to them till tomorrow.  Currently the silicone they use to bond them down with is so strong I think it's giving me a headache.  That said - the headache is worth it, the counter tops are gorgeous:






Our plumber will be here at 9am tomorrow morning to connect some things, install and connect the faucet, etc.  Wow, I can't wait to have an actual working kitchen sink!!

Friday the tile guys will be here and then it is done!!

I finished the wall hanging to cover the electrical circuit breaker box, I just need to hand sew down the binding and get it in place.


It was Cliff's idea to put a wall hanging up to hide the box and he is thrilled with what I did, so as long as he's happy, I'm happy.  And I am happy with it, I think it's pretty cute.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

3 comments:

Candace said...

It looks like a professional kitchen, Tammy! You must be tickled. I hope you can sleep with the windows open tonight. I just can't wait to see the tiling and the final reveal!
Cheers!

Jackie said...

The countertops look wonderful! Not long until it's all done!!!

I hope the smell goes away soon.

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Love the countertop. What a difference it made. In other news, I had my appointment at Mass General and all is stable so now I go to once a year MRI's. Good news for both of us!