Saturday, August 30, 2014

What Happens When You Fall on Asphalt

Cliff was outside today washing the 5th wheel and getting it all cleaned up so we could park it back in the garage.  While he was busy with that I ran a few errands and grocery shopped.  I finally felt good enough today to get out and do things.  When I got home, Cliff was inside, he came around the corner and this is what I saw:


 
Poor guy tripped over a cord for the 5th wheel and landed on the driveway head first.  He said that he didn't black out and his bad shoulder hurts worse than his head does.  He's been icing it like a good boy every since.  I was so shocked when I saw him - I wasn't gone that long and he didn't even call me to come help him out.  Last August he took a tumble out of a flower bed and cracked some ribs and landed on his behind on the asphalt driveway.  I think next August we won't be able to leave him to his own devices - there seems to be a mishap pattern going on here. 
 
Or I could get him a life alert that senses when he's not on his own two feet and calls my cell phone, hmmm, maybe I can invent that.
 
Okay enough picking on my poor hubby.  Last night I got the cutest picture of Rascal.  When he lays like this it's hard for me to not rub his adorable tummy and I usually do rub it.  The problem is there are a couple of spots that when rubbed just right tickle the heck out of him and he doesn't like it.  But oh that little tummy is so soft and sweet:
 


He can be such a little stinker, but so darn adorable and sweet when he sleeps.

We had a big wind kick up for a while and it looked like it was going to rain, but so far, not a drop.  A friend dropped off a bunch of huge peaches for me today, so my cobbler recipe says you can mix up the peach part of the recipe and freeze it.  Well now we have 3 peach cobbler fillings in the freezer and ready for the winter, yummy.  I also got beautiful, crisp, fresh off the tree apples at Farmers Market today.  They looked so good that I got to the car, and got an apple out and ate one on the way home.  It was so delicious. 

Well I have a few things I still need to get done and a peach cobbler in the oven for Cliff - it will help his boo-boo I'm sure.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm sure it will help - I know how much Cliff likes his peach cobbler! Ouch!!

Sweet Tea said...

Poor, poor, Cliff. I once had a terrible fall onto concrete face first, so I KNOW what that's like and it's something I hope to never repeat. I think a Peach Cobbler is definitely called for. Hope all the aches and pains are relieved for him soon.

Lady of the Cloth said...

Ouch, i hope he will be ok. Peach cobbler should mend all ills! Have a nice day