Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Cover for my Kitchen Aid Mixer

A few months ago I went looking online for a tutorial on making a cover for my Kitchen Aid Mixer.  I love my mixer so much and felt it needed to be classed up with the new kitchen and all.  So today I sat down and made it with fabric I bought when I did my celebratory fabric shopping in Spokane in August.



This is the place it resides when not in use.
 
I like it so much I think I'll throw together a couple of hot pads in matching fabric tomorrow if I have time.

Thursday we are off to Spokane to meet with CR's Oncologist and then Friday, at 10:30 PST, please join me in doing the happy dance, because no matter how painful the last treatment is or isn't -- it's the LAST!!

I don't know if I've ever mentioned that I have Restless Legs Syndrome.  Years ago I had a sleep study done and they've not seen many patients who have as many involuntary movements as I do in an hour.  So the doc put me on Requip and all has been fine for years.  Well the past few months I've had issues where I'll wake up around 3am and it's like the Requip has worn off and my legs are going to town making it impossible for me to get back to sleep.  Well one cause of that is iron deficiency, which after some blood work up, I seem to have.  I have to do another test for the doc, then take iron for a few weeks and see if my iron improves and if the problem improves.  I swear it's one thing after another, isn't it.

And if that's not enough, I have a tooth that is bothering me and so it's off to the dentist tomorrow to make sure there isn't a problem.  With a trip to North Carolina fast approaching I just don't want to take a chance and then have an issue away from home.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, Tammy......it's just one darned thing after another, isn't it!

Jackie said...

I've been thinking of making a cover for months. Just one of those things I haven't gotten to yet. I have a generic white cover that I was going to pick apart for a pattern. Yours came out BEAUTIFULLY!

Very excited for Friday to come around and for that to be all over for you. I hope CR's doctor has some encouraging news too. I'll be thinking of you both!

Judy said...

I love the butterfly fabric-what a great choice! It looks super on, adding a splash of color. I'm sorry about your restless leg-that must just wreak havoc on getting a good night's rest. Take care.