Thursday, September 25, 2014

Early Morning Baking

Our friend Ken has been gone for 3 weeks so today he is coming over for lattes and I thought it would be nice to have something yummy as well.  So I baked pumpkin choc chip muffins and figured I could freeze the rest so CR could have something yummy to snack on when I was in North Carolina.


I also got the quilt of valor for my Auntie back from the quilters on Tuesday and got the binding on it, I still need to do the hand sewing.  And put the label on.  I wanted to show you the awesome quilting design.



I hope you can see it.  This block is the easiest block to see it on.  I can't wait to deliver it in October.  Only 12 more days till I leave.  Gosh I need to get busy and make a packing list so I don't forget anything.  When I worked I traveled way to much and had some mad packing skills, I don't have them anymore, which is actually a good thing because I haven't missed that work travel at all.  And thankfully most of my work travel was before my hip replacement and the TSA strip search because I set off the alarm thingy.  If I was traveling like I did before and had to be searched that much I'd go insane, I believe in safety, but truly it is not fun and it's a bit embarrassing.  All that and no one buys me a drink first, haha.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous quilting - sets off the quilt beautifully! I'm with you on the searches, way too intrusive and you can't help wondering if they do any good anyway? I feel no less safe than I did before it all started. Being asked to remove the plaster from my broken arm in Los Angeles was a bit much, I thought......and some tales we hear are much worse than that. I bet those muffins are good, I can smell them from here!

Candace said...

Those muffins look SO good! Your auntie will be thrilled with the quilt, too! I just got a card from my back surgeon the other day with a photo of the implants in my spine on one side and the surgery info on the other to give to TSA! You might ask yours for one.
Cheers!

Jackie said...

The muffins look delicious!

My dad travels with a medical card too but it doesn't always work. He almost always gets a pat down.

Your auntie is going to love the quilt. The quilting is great!