Friday, September 19, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles

Today, just because, I baked Pumpkin Pie Spice Snickerdoodle cookies.  Man are they delicious.  CR loves them and even our guy doing maintenance on our heat pump likes them and the house smells so good.  I found the recipe HERE.


First batch fresh out of the oven (minus one for quality assurance)!

Thought I'd show some of the things I'm taking back to the Aunties.

You might recognize this - I made one for myself a few weeks ago.  Thought my Aunt Shirl would like it.  She's not to into fall decorations, but this might catch her eye.

Aunt Jean however LOVES fall decorations and so I made her one with all the oranges and fall colors and this cute embroidery pattern.  I wasn't sure if the all orange embroidery would look good, but I like how it turned out.  I think she will too.

An Angel pillow for Aunt Jean - it has the same fabrics I used in the quilt I made for her.  Hoping that will get back from the quilters sooner, rather than later.  I have the binding all prepared and waiting to be put on as well as a label.

An Angel pillow for Aunt Shirl.  Her living room is mostly beige, so I thought this would go well and give her a pop of color.  Beige is boring after a while if you ask me.

A table runner for Aunt Shirl.  Again it will go nicely with her beige living room or kitchen table and give her a bit of color.

Another view of the table runner.  Only one Auntie is getting a quilt this year, perhaps next year I'll do one for Aunt Shirl, the only problem is that she won't use it because she won't want her cats to get on it or have to wash it - I don't get it, she's 70+ years old, time for saving stuff for good is well past it's expiration date.  I say use what you have and love - you can't take it with you.

I wasn't going to post all of this till I'd left, but then I remembered, they don't read my blog, I have to send an email with the posting cut and pasted into the email for them to read it.  So no problem, I won't send this one.  I still have to make cookies to take back.  Grandmas Buccaroons are their favorite and they absolutely require a big mixer to mix the very stiff dough, well the one Aunt has a hand mixer and I don't think the other even has that, so these cookies must be made and taken back.

After a rough week I am finally feeling better and ready to get out and about more.  It took a while to get over the last treatment this time around.  I guess I'm starting to think more about my trip, it's coming up quickly.  I leave the night of October 7th on the redeye and arrive at 9:30 the morning of the 8th and will return home on the 22nd.  Since I'll be back there for my birthday I've already told them where they must take me for my b-day dinner.  We were supposed to go there 2 years ago when I was back but the place closes for the first week of October, so I was bummed.  October 7th is also our Grandson's 12th birthday, good grief time flies.  And he's starting to get that teenage attitude too, lord who knew it started so soon, but I guess it does.  I'm not a fan of the attitude so I hope it passes quickly!!

I had wanted to go to the Walla Walla Quilt show this weekend but decided against it and opted to take it easy since most of the week was rough on me.  I want to feel really good when I get on that plane.  The thought of getting through security for the plane is not fun, between my metal hip and now my knee, boy will I get frisked and probed.  Oh well better safe than sorry - but it sure is embarrassing.

So what are you up to this weekend?  Any fun plans - I'd love to hear about them.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam



5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lovely gifts.......I'm sure your aunts will love them! I bet your house smells good after that baking too.

Lady of the Cloth said...

Boy, have you been busy. You put me to shame.
Our weekend will be a busy one. We bought 315 lbs of apples and are getting the cider press out and running today. I will then can about a hundred jars of juice. We like to give jars to friends and DH drinks a lot of it. It tastes like fresh squeezed even though it has been pasteurized. Yum. I will bring you a jar if I get up your way. I wish I was one of your Aunties! What treasures you made for them. Make it a good day.

Jackie said...

You are so generous with your handmade items and I'm sure your Aunts will love them!

The good thing about it being a rough week from your treatments is that it's the last time that's gonna happen. Glad you're feeling better!

Judy said...

What lovely gifts you've created!! How generous of you to do all of that. I'm with you on using things. Have a great trip and birthday dinner!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Hi Tammy,

Well, despite your treatments and kitchen construction, you have been very busy. Your aunties are lucky ladies and I'm sure will be thrilled with your gifts.

I best those cookies made your house smell great!!

Take it easy as you prepare for your trip. Glad you're on the mend.

xo jj