Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Remodel is Complete

Today our electrician came in and put lights above the counter to the right of the sink and above the sink area.  He also finished off the outlets on the tiled wall.  Thank god the remodel is complete, cuz I really just had reached my wits end with it all.  That said I'm so grateful that we could afford to do this and I love the way it turned out.






 
The other day I was sewing away and Rascal was sound asleep in the window of my sewing room.  He is such a little stinker, yet he looks so angelic when he sleeps.  He is always up to something and always playing with toys or pouncing on his brothers or swatting at Maddison's fuffy tail (oh man that makes her mad).  He really lives up to his name!!


 
Then there is Chanceman, he may be 10 years old, but that cat has never met a high up place that is out of his reach.  Lately his high wire antics are at the top of the fridge as he surveys his minions:



I have all my sewing done in anticipation of my trip back east in October.  Tomorrow is my 2nd treatment (next Friday is my very last one!!) and I'm not looking forward to it, but I do just want to get it all done!!

Cliff saw his radiation oncologist today, as suspected he is maxed out on radiation so that is not an option, but she'd like him to have a PET Scan, which may detect what the CAT Scan and Bone Scan could not.  She's sending her recommendations to the Oncologist and we'll see her next Thursday.  We really need to figure out where that cancer is growing and start treating it.

Meanwhile the swelling around Cliff's eyes and forehead is gone so he doesn't look quite as bad, but he's turning a pretty shade of yellow and purple.  The scrap on his forehead is almost healed and gone.  He's been using honey on it because honey is a natural antibacterial - works like a charm and quickly.

It's cooled off quite a bit here and you can feel the slight chill of fall in the air.  It was sure a hot summer so the coolness feels so good.  It's still shorts weather, but pleasantly warm, rather than painfully hot.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Tammy, that's a lovely kitchen......worth every minute of the wait! Those cats are more fun than a barrel of monkeys, aren't they - especially Rascal. Sending good thoughts to you both.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Thinking of you today, Tammy, and hoping beyond hope that your second to the last treatment is kind to you. You're almost there, my friend. Hang in and you'll be home-free soon.

And WOW-- Fantastic job on the kitchen! It's such a nice feeling when a long construction project is complete AND you're happy with the results! And your Rascal clearly seems to approve as well.

Glad Cliff is on the mend from his fall. I was thinking maybe a PET Scan would be on the agenda. I'm sending good vibes and prayers for a fast and easy solution to get things under control for him.

Rest up this weekend and even though the kitchen is so lovely, maybe or in dinner so you don't have to cook ;-)

xoxoxo jj

Jackie said...

No green for Cliff? I wanted him to have a little green.

I'll never have a kitchen again without under cabinet lights. Your kitchen is just gorgeous! I hope Betty Bladder lets you get in there and enjoy it soon.

Candace said...

Woo-hooo!!!! It's stunning, Tammy! I can almost smell all the good smells that are going to start coming from there! Perhaps that's why Chanceman is perched on top of the fridge :>)
Cheers!