Saturday, November 22, 2014

Let the Preparations Begin

This past week I got hit by a nasty flu type bug.  Man it was ugly and I was wondering how long it would take me to get over it.  Luckily Thursday and Friday were the bad days and today I woke up feeling pretty good.  So we went to breakfast and then came home so I could make my grocery list.

Here's Maddie waiting as patiently as possible for the list to be done so she could go.  Up till now it's been to cold for her to go and wait in the car.  Today it's almost 50 degrees out, but the wind makes it much colder if you're just out standing in it and boy is it grey and gloomy.

Oh Mom, hurry it up, I'm ready to go for a ride!
I'm really excited about making a Thanksgiving dinner.  I have my recipes all selected and got all my ingredients today at the store.  I also got all the baking stuff too.  So today I'm baking Pumpkin Scones (a knock off Starbucks Pumpkin Scone recipe, however I do not frost mine) and some White Chocolate/Cranberry cookies and I've put together some crusty bread dough to bake tomorrow and have with the Potato Leek soup I'll be making.  Busy girls are better girls, right.


I made 3 batches of scones and CR just told me they're some of the best I've ever made.
 
I love the crusty bread recipe - you mix it up let it sit for 12 to 18 hours, then bake it and
there you have it - homemade bread without all the fuss  Here's the link to the website and recipe:
Simply So Good Crusty Bread
I had my step stool out today in the kitchen so I could get things off the higher shelves and Rascal decided to take up residence on the stool as if to help me or perhaps supervise me.  He was so cute, but when I went to get a picture, he bolted.  Darn cat.  I did capture a few pictures of him earlier in the day - his little face is so inquisitive and adorable.




Now that it's cold he really is into snuggling my neck and sucking on my shirt and he purrs and purrs, I tell him he's purring 60mph in the school zone and he's gonna get pulled over.  Whatever we do and where ever we are in the house he will be right there helping us and making sure we do it correctly. Either that or he thinks it's a game especially when it comes to making the bed, oy vey!  It gives the other boys more time to nap I guess, since they seem oblivious to our coming and going most of the time.

So tell me have you started your holiday preparations yet?

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Jackie said...

We haven't even gone grocery shopping our made our list yet! We'll do that early tomorrow hopefully. I was going to make rolls today but the house has been cool. I'll do it tomorrow too (there is a theme going on...).

I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Jennifer said...

Those pumpkin scones sound good.....pumpkin scones are an Aussie favourite too! We serve ours un-iced, warm with butter.