Monday, December 22, 2014

Busy Work

Today was a wonderful day -- why you ask, well I got that huge dressing taken off of my finger and just have bandaids protecting the end and the top area where there are stitches.  Those will come out next week.

In the mean time, when I wasn't drooling from the drugs they gave me (even a tiny surgery like that brings a whole lot of pain with it), I was trying to stay busy. 

So I ordered and received a mortar and pestle to use for the rub I'm making for our 5 pounds of rib roast (prime rib) on Christmas day.


I hope the Christmas dinner I'm making is as good as Thanksgiving was.  In years past we've had Spaghetti, and other similar dishes, but this year we are going fancy, well as fancy as we get that is.

I've also been putting all my recipes in sheet protectors and in binders and even sorted them into categories (I need more tab sheets though).  I love how organized it is and I've been meaning to do this for, well probably a year now.



I have also started a new project.  I'm still working on my embroidered owls, but I never intended to do them non-stop till they were complete, it's my long term project.  This project is for a wall hanging that has winter, spring, summer and autumn.  I have winter done.  I'll be making 2 for a couple very important March birthdays.  More on that later.


We are home for the holidays, even our grocery shopping is done, so no one has to fight the crowds or deal with the zoo that is out there for last minute shopping.  I've never been one to wait till the last minute - that would make me crazy.

Are you ready for Christmas?? 

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Probably as ready as we can be! When we had small children I was fearsomely organised......not so much, these days. Good to hear your finger is doing well!

Jackie said...

We're in good shape too. Everything is wrapped, tagged, and bowed. Menu and grocery shopping done. Cooking is the last thing to do.

Glad to hear you;re doing better. Look at your embroidery work - you're a pro!!!