Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Fusing the Finger

Yesterday morning I had my right ring finger joint fused.  It involves surgery but you're not knocked out either.  They put a block in your arm pit which numbs the whole arm for about 6 hours.  They do give you meds to relax and snooze a bit, but it doesn't bother me to be awake and listen either,

The doc gave us pictures of the pin in my finger that is used to help fuse things and the pin will be removed in 6 to 8 weeks.  I find it fascinating so I thought I'd share the pictures.



I'm currently on some pretty potent pain meds so that is all for today.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Joanna Jenkins said...

Hi Tammy,
Wow, surprised to see you post but happy for were up for a little typing. Now is the time to relax and take it easy.
Hang in there and I hope the weeks fly by fast.
xo jj

Jennifer said...

Ouch! Hope your finger is back to normal soon.