Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy Eve of the New Year

Wow, 2015 is just a few hours away.  So do you make resolutions?  I don't do that anymore, I figure I just need to be who I am and try to improve on it whether it's weight, or de-cluttering the house or whatever.  I don't stress, I just figure I'm a work in progress.

We've gotten some great news to start our new year - CR has been approved for the Provenge treatments and we've gotten the financial help needed due to the expense of the treatment and we begin on Jan 9th.  We'll do a Friday/Monday schedule for 3 weeks with a week off in between.  We even received a call yesterday that we'll be getting a debit card with quiet a large amount of money to take care of food and gas expenses because we travel to Spokane (2.5 hour drive north of us) for the treatments.  Wow, that was such a surprise and a welcome bit of assistance.  Just pray that the roads and weather play nice for us as it's not the best time of year to be traveling.

In other news, I ordered an adorable butter dish and it came in earlier in the week:


Yesterday I got the stitches out in the finger I had fixed and I have to say it's wonderful to be pain free.  The stitches weren't bothering me, but they were snagging my embroidery thread, which was a nuisance. 

This weekend I'm taking the Christmas decorations down.  I would prefer to take them down soon after Christmas, but CR like to wait till New Years, so I hold off and wait, yesterday thought I told him I can't wait to put the house back in order and he just laughed and said he wondered when I was going to say that.  He knows me so well.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas or whatever it is you may celebrate and that the New Year brings you peace, happiness, and good health.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Judy said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! I'm with you on being a work in progress-I'll always need to lose a pound or two (ten?), etc....

Jackie said...

Cliff was probably trying to see how long it would take you to crack! :)

Wonderful news on the treatment!!! I know it's such a relief and it looks very promising. Will you guys have to stay overnight? I'll be thinking of you both.

Wishing you and Cliff a happy, HEALTHY, and safe New Year!