Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I Survived

I survived the flu and let me just say I haven't felt that bad in years.  They weren't kidding that the flu shots we got this year don't do much to help with what's going around.  I had a good amount of miserable days but I'm back to the land of the living.

Yesterday CR and I went to see the movie - American Sniper.  WOW, if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend that you do.  At the end of the movie it was so silent in the theatre, not like a typical movie at all.  I was very moved by the movie and yes I did shed a tear or two at the end.  The woman a couple seats down from me sobbed so loudly I figured she cried for the both of us and then some.  I just can't do that in public.

While I was sick the cats and our dog and CR stayed as far away from me as possible.  In fact Chance and Scotchie shared one of the dining room chairs and watched CR do his checkbook to stay away from me on the couch in misery.  Where did the love and caring go I ask, haha.

 


We've had the boys on weight control food and while Chanceman has lost a pound, Scotchie is up a few ounces at a hefty 18.6 pounds.  We are worried about him getting diabetes.  He's just a big boy, but if he gets any bigger he may have health problems.  Rascal has really helped to get both of these boys running around the house and being more playful, so that is good.

Remember all those squares I cut out a while back, well they are finally taking shape:


 Speaking of weight issues, two of my boys are total treat piglets.  Scotchie and Rascal hear the treat bag rattle and come running every morning, it's so funny to watch them.



The other day I dug out a pattern that I purchased at the local quilt show a couple of years ago and decided to use it to make a kings size quilt for our bed.  I have even ordered the batiks 2&1/2 inch strips for the colored blocks from a place in Portland that I love and that has good sales.  Here is a picture of the front of the quilt pattern:


I still need to figure out the light fabrics and the borders.  I'm excited to get started.

I hope you all have remained healthy this winter and not gotten the dreaded flu that is going around.  This Friday we start Round 2 of CR's treatments, so a busy and exhausting few days are ahead of us.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Some help those cats are indeed! Your project looks interesting, and I love that pattern......looking forward to seeing which fabrics you use!