Sunday, January 11, 2015

Kitchen Time

I think I spent my whole weekend in the kitchen and I really need to get back to my lap quilt.  Oh well, such is life.  Tomorrow we go back to Spokane for the infusion of the treated White Blood Cells.  Another long day.

So here is what I was up to:

I like to watch The Chew on ABC, Monday through Friday and I've gotten so many really good recipes from there.  Three of which I made on Saturday.  One was this super delicious Mac and Cheese that used butternut squash as part of the cheese sauce to make it healthier and less calories.  Man it delivered on taste it was so good. 

The other 2 things I made are pictured below:

Breakfast Bars that use cooked dates to sweeten them.  They are really delicious.

Panna Cota using greek yogurt to cut a few calories, simply delish
and then I topped it with mandarin oranges and honey.

I also mixed up the cookie dough for Chocolate Chip cookies on Saturday and put them in the fridge.  I think cookies bake more evenly and don't spread out if the dough comes from the fridge or freezer.  Today I baked the cookies and filled my new huge ball jar - cookie jar.


Because Cliff's infusion isn't till 2pm, and will take a couple of hours, we probably won't be home till after 7 and so to make dinner light and easy I've got a chicken noodle soup on the stove that I've been making today.  I'll add the noodles tomorrow when I reheat it.

 

Other than doing a lot of dishes and some laundry, I have not gotten much of anything else done.  I need to clean house on Tuesday and then probably Wednesday I can get back into my sewing room and have some fun.  There are always responsibilities that get in the way, right!

We don't go back up to Spokane till Friday, Jan  23 when they will again take white cells and we do the process again.  At least it's not every week, Cliff gets a bit of a break in-between the 3 rounds.

So what did you do this weekend, did you get to sew, stitch, knit?  I hope you had fun whatever you were up to.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You have been busy.....I bet your house smelled good! I have a small cookbook put out by a rural women's association which is nothing but date recipes, they are very popular here.

Jackie said...

Your soup looks wonderful!

Can you taste the butternut squash in the mac n cheese? Believe it or not, I've never had butternut squash!

Candace said...

OMG - I can smell it all from here, Tammy! Yum, yum!
Cheers!