Thursday, January 8, 2015

Working on a New Wall Hanging

I've been doing quite a bit of embroidery in the evenings.  I just love it, it relaxes me and unlike knitting I don't have to keep count.  I can sit and watch TV and embroider and get a lot done.

A new wall hanging is what I'm about to get done:





The fabrics are what I'll use to put the four season embroideries together for a cute wall hanging.
Right before Christmas I had my right hip x-rayed and found out it's going to be replaced someday due to arthritis.  Yeah I'm falling apart and I don't know what I've done to deserve this.  I figure by the time I'm 80 I'll be all bionic and spare car parts.  Anyhow this week I had a cortisone shot in that hip to see if we can relive the pain (mostly groin pain) and keep it going for a while.  Wow, that shot hurt and nothing feels better yet.  But some shots I've found take a few weeks before you notice that they are helping, so I'm reserving judgment for a while.

Tomorrow we go to Spokane for Cliff's first Friday blood draw, then Monday for the infusion.  Not knowing what to expect is always nerve racking so it will be good to get it done and know what goes on.

I've got him all set up with snacks and juices and the Ipod is charged with soothing music.  I'm hopeful that they let me go back with him so he has company, but just in case, the Ipod will help.

The next 2 months are such grey and gloomy months for me, not much going on and it's cold and hard to feel motivated, I always look forward to March.  This year March should be especially fun as we will be taking our postponed Thanksgiving trip to the beach and celebrating our 29th Anniversary there.

Tell me, do Jan and Feb get you down too, or am I just strange?

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam


2 comments:

Jackie said...

Even in Florida we have a lot of gray days this time of year. It's hard to be "up" when everything is gloomy.
By the way, we actually had snow flurries today!

Thinking of you both tomorrow! xoxo

Jennifer said...

No, Jan and Feb don't get us down because it's gloomy - although there are times when we wish it was! Tammy, when spring comes it will be all the brighter for having faced dark times in your lives during winter.