Thursday, February 19, 2015

I Have Been Bad

I have been so bad about ignoring my blog and the blogs that I enjoy reading lately.  Don't know what is wrong with me.  I usually try to look at them every morning, but lately I will peruse Facebook for a few minutes, then do my online jigsaw puzzle, read a daily devotion on my kindle and that's about it.  I have been doing instagram, which I enjoy and will usually post to facebook from there (so nice because you don't actually have to get on facebook to do that).  But even then I'm bad about responding to comments or making comments.  I think I'm in a funk.

The other day during my most stressed out moments of having my face swollen on the one side and my jaw pain, I received a package in the mail from my good friend Robyn.  Just totally out of the blue and it contained this:


She knows me so well and she knows my greatest addiction is a good cup of coffee.  It was a lovely surprise and meant so much at such a bad time. 

I've also been getting emails from my wonderful blog friends just to see how Cliff is and how I'm doing.  Man you have no idea how much that means to me and how lovely it is to get your emails out of the blue. 

I'm back on my treadmill again and I believe that is helping with the stress and I'm working hard to shake off this funk.  Hang in there with me please while I'm temporarily out of order.

One thing I have been doing is embroidery and lots of it.  I been working furiously on a couple of door hangings for my Aunties for their March birthdays.  They're both the same embroideries, but different colors.  One Auntie is getting a pink/burgundy embroider and the other is getting red work.  I think they turned our really cute:

Redwork with red and white border fabrics

Looks the same as the redwork, but it's actually a burgundy thread

I have to say I don't think I can repeat these embroideries for a while, I burned out on this design.

Today is my wonderful hubbies birthday.  He is 75 years young.  We went out to lunch at a favorite restaurant of ours.  He and our friend Ken had wine and I was really bad and had a blood orange martini.  Whoohoo!!  Oh yeah it was good.  It was a nice time and yet low key too.  Cliff is still dealing with the fatigue from his last infusion so we knew it had to be something easy on him.  His brother and sister-in-law sent him a book for his birthday that we both are looking forward to reading:


Everyone, including CR's daughter has told us what a good read it is.  So if you are looking for a book to read, give this a try.

I'm working on a wall hanging using some embroideries I did in the summer.  Hopefully I'll have pictures for you soon.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Tammy, you have had a lot to cope with lately....so don't push yourself, life will happen just the same! Your embroideries are really lovely.

Judy said...

Sometimes you just don't feel like blogging and that's okay. I think that most of us understand that because we've felt the same way at times. How neat that your friend sent that to you as a surprise! You just can't beat a good cup of coffee, that's for sure! Tell Cliff happy birthday for me and I hope that you're both feeling better soon. Lovely embroideries, both, and such nice gifts to give away. I'm amazed because I know how much work those are, your aunties are lucky ladies :-)

Lady of the Cloth said...

Glad to hear you are ok. I know those funks and sometimes you just have to wallow in it for a while. Heaven knows you have had reasons to be in a funk. Just don't stay there too long! I love the Aunties gifts. They are lucky ladies. I have been too busy to even look at my quilting. My job share partner was sick so instead of working one day a week, I was on for full time. I tell you, I am too old for that.
Take care and know that things will get better.

Sweet Tea said...

I think "Winter Funk" is a real thing. Spring will bring better days for everyone. Hang on, Friend.

black bear cabin said...

those embroideries turned out super cute!
i too have been bad lately about visiting and commenting on my favorite blogs...i think facebook sort of did that to us. many of my friends on facebook are blog friends too...so it almost seems silly to check both. in fact...i notice i have almost no traffic on my blog page too...but is it because i havent been visiting others much...or is it because they are in the same boat as us?
either way...when i do find the time i enjoy stopping by :) hugs and hang in there....the winter blahs are just that...but they are almost gone (i say as i watch the snow fall and fall and fall :) heheheh the treadmill is a great start...and you can always take some vitamin D too...that helps me in the winter months! hugs

Jackie said...

Love your necklace! I had no idea you loved coffee. :)

The funk is here in the other part of the country too. Like you, I am doing some handwork but nothing has just really grabbed me. I feel like I just want to be quiet and still. Is it winter or is it a funk? I truly don't know.