Sunday, February 8, 2015

New Look

Before Christmas I went shopping and found some gorgeous lavender themed fabric that I just had to have for our light purple and green bathroom.


I wanted to make a new curtain and a mat for the toilet tank and finally this past week I got around to getting it done.



I also went to the dentist this week to get a new temporary crown because the old one broke and the gold crown wasn't back as promised, aarrrgggghhh.  I will get the gold one on Tuesday, and I've broken the temporary again.  It's on the back most tooth and there isn't much clearance so the temporary is thin and well, it just breaks so easily that nothing I do seems to help keep it in one piece.

While at the dentist I asked him about my swollen face (by my ear) and the huge lump that had gone down some by the time I saw him.  I've had TMJ (jaw issues) my whole life and I am a bad clincher, especially at night.  I wear a night guard, but apparently that wasn't helping.  Luckily I have a Dentist that asked the right questions and got to the bottom of the problem.  I have been extremely stressed about Cliff and his treatments and the fact that he will most likely end up doing some sort of chemo after the treatment we are doing is done.  I didn't realize how stressed and upset I was and it's all in my jaw.  I would wake in the morning and barely be able to open my mouth to get my night guard out.  So he prescribed a low dose muscle relaxer and that has really helped.  The swelling is down and Cliff and I are talking about things that are hard to talk about.  You never want to talk about these things and yet everyone should talk about it.  Being brave and stoic is not the answer, at least for me it's not.

So I just want to say that if you've responded to any posts lately and I haven't gotten back I'm sorry, I've had some email issues and personal issues and I'm not trying to ignore anyone.  I'll be better at responding from here on out and I thank you for any comments in the past couple of weeks.  I really do appreciate them and your support.

We have the last infusion tomorrow and we also see the oncologist.  I assume that we will then schedule bone and cat scans for early March and see how we move forward from there.  Any prayers or good vibes you could send our way would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, that's very pretty fabric! You know, stress can make our bodies react in ways that we don't even know.....so it's not surprising that you have been having some issues as a result. Hopefully that muscle relaxer will help.

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carline said...

Hang in there friend, I am praying for you both. I am going to be in your area on the upcoming weekend. If you can go for a cuppa, give me a shout out

Prairie Stitcher said...

Blessings and a prayer coming your way..... you espress it very well, I think.....and you are teaching us good things...courage, for one.God bless you two.