Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Coming Home

I'm so excited that my Aunt is finally coming home this Thursday.  It's been over a month since she had a tiny stroke that has left no ill effects and she is doing great.  She's still a tad weak from it all, but that happens.  She's working hard to gain her strength back and luckily she was not paralyzed.  Being in Washington state and my Aunts living in North Carolina is tough when these things happen.  There truly wasn't a thing I could do if I flew back there and so I wondered what I could do and came up with the idea to make her a quilt for her homecoming.  I mailed it off today and she should receive it on Friday.  I hope it wraps her in the love I have for her and lets her know that I was there in spirit.


I've had these gorgeous fabrics in my stash and I think they are so happy and cheery that I felt they would be a perfect lap quilt for my Auntie.  I used the Eleanor Burns Tossed Nine Patch pattern.

Tomorrow I'm headed out to the Portland, OR/Vancouver, WA area to visit my good friend Robyn.  I need some girlfriend time and just to get away for a couple of days.  If CR needs me it's a quick 4 hour drive home.  I'll be driving Suzi the Subaru and it should be a fun trip.  That said all the animals are very concerned about a packed bag in the living room - especially Maddie.  I'll be home on Saturday so I'm sure they'll survive.  Boy though can't they make you feel guilty with just one look.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

5 comments:

Prairie Stitcher said...

Yes, they can make you not only FEEL guilty, but.....GUILTY, period. Because, after all, YOU ARE ABANDONING THEM. Having no sense of future, this is a very big thing to them. So, now that I've made you feel even more GUILTY, I just want you to know they do the same thing to me. Every single time. But, I leave, anyway. And when I come home, they won't speak to me because they're cats and cats don't have masters (or mistresses)....they have staff. And I, their staff....have been FIRED for abondoning my post! Oh, what a tangled web is cat/human relations....so, have fun. I'm envious.

Prairie Stitcher said...

Having said that.....Maddie, of course, unlike the cats, will welcome you with open....um....everything: enthusiasm, wiggles, kisses, the whole nine yards. Such a contrast. Or, at least, it is at our house. Your cats might be nicer than mine.....

Prairie Stitcher said...

Oh, and that's a great quilt. I, too, love the colors. You're a great, great niece. I'm sure it will be a sweet and welcome surprise.

Jennifer said...

What a lovely quilt, so cheerful for your aunt....she will love it, and love you for your thoughtfulness! Never mind, Maddie and kitties - your mum will be back home before you even realise she has gone. Have a wonderful visit with your friend, Tammy!

Jackie said...

I'm so glad your auntie is doing so much better! She is going to LOVE your quilt and I imagine she'll wrap herself up in it first thing.

Enjoy your time with your friend. You need the time to rest and recharge! The furbabies are going to want a lot of your time when you get back but they'll be ok. CR will be too!