Friday, May 8, 2015

Life Goes On

Oh what a week or so it's been.  A couple of ups and plenty of downs it seems. 

First, about my car.  Ugh, what a saga.  At the end of last week we thought the gal who hit me didn't have insurance.  Then a letter came from her Insurance over the weekend.  Wow, so that gave me hope, but then when I talked to her insurance I found out she carries the minimum insurance required for the state.  Which means 10,000.00 in property damage.  Well she damaged 2 vehicles, one was an older (1992) truck and then my brand new car.  The truck is reporting 3000.00 in damages, turns out my damages are 11,000.00, so yeah that won't cover much of anything.  My insurance will have to cover a lot of the repairs.  Thank goodness I have good insurance.  My bruises are fading away and while I still hurt, it's not as bad and I am getting sleep rather than waking up all the time because I hurt so bad.  So I'm getting better, although slowly and my car should be back in 3 to 4 weeks, as they ordered the parts yesterday.

We went to Spokane this week for Cliff's Oncologist appointment and his PSA is down another 100 points and is now under 200.  Still high, but when he started his medication it was almost 600.  So the meds are working and we are so pleased with that.  The hardest part for Cliff is the fatigue.  It's a side effect of the meds, but the Oncologist said that it might level out and not be as noticeable as his body adjusts to it.  He'll have bone and cat scans in late June.

I have a good friend in the Chicago area who was in remission from lymph node cancer.  Well this week she had a pet scan and the cancer is back.  She has to go on chemo every 12 days until her body can't handle it any longer.  The doctors tell her she probably has a couple of years at best.  If she doesn't do the chemo, only a few months.  I am so sad.  I feel as if I should go visit her one last time, and yet I have my husband that I need to be here for.  I also have my Aunts and my one Aunt is still having a hard time.  So for me if I go anywhere it needs to be to my Aunts.  Choosing is so difficult, but my priorities are so clear to me.  I'm just having a rough time with it all, if only I could clone myself to be in 3 places for a period of time.

Sorry to be such a Debbie downer, it's a rough time of ups and downs and life moving forward no matter what.

Happy Stitches and Hugs!
Tammy

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Tammy, if you try to divide yourself in lots of pieces there won't be enough for anybody - including yourself! Don't forget, you need looking after too, because you were injured in that accident.

Lady of the Cloth said...

Don't divide yourself so much that you can't help anyone because you wear yourself out. As the first line in the book, The Road Less Traveled , says: Life is not fair. After I read that line, I closed the book and felt like I got more from that book than any other. You are in my thoughts and prayers.