Sunday, May 17, 2015

Slow and Steady

This has been a slow week, seems like all I do is get massages and go to the chiropractor and this week I added get x-rays to the mix.  Now don't get me wrong I would never complain about a massage and I have the best massage therapist, but when you hurt and need to go, it's just not as much fun.  I'm having a lot of trouble with the left side of my neck, my collarbone, shoulder and weakness in my left arm.  Can't wait for it all to be over with.

So anyhow last Sunday I saw this Strawberry Yogurt Cake on Facebook and on Monday I made it for Cliff.  Oh he loved it and I must say it was delicious.


Maddie had her day of beauty this week.  Although she didn't appreciate it, she, as always is a good girl for the groomer and she looks so pretty after a bath and haircut.  Well I think she's always pretty and she is such a sweet girl. 


I finished the quilting and binding on my Aunties wall hangings this past week.  I posted pictures of them in my last post.  I need to bake cookies and then get it all off in the mail to them this week.

I cleaned house, except for dusting which I need to do this week.  I was going to start it today, but I think my shoulder needs another day, so tomorrow, ugh, not my favorite job.

Sundays are my day to make us brunch and today before I got brunch started I started on a cheesecake.  It's a cheesecake that has buttermilk in it.  It sounds so different and good and then a rhubarb puree on top.  Can't wait to try a piece after dinner:


I've also started something new and fun in the sewing room.  It's a jelly roll pattern and I bought all the fabric for it a few years ago.  Time to work on all the projects I have waiting for me rather than buying a lot of fabric, unless it's for something specific.

Here is a peek:

I didn't get much done today - why - well this character just wouldn't leave me alone, he wanted major attention:


When Razzy wants attention, he will not be ignored.  He goes to the vet this week for his wellness check and shots.  I can't believe he's been our boy for a whole year now.  He is a love bug and sometimes a pest.  He is just adorable and he's my boy!!

So what have you been up to?

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Has it been a whole year since Razzy waltzed into your lives? Heavens, where has that time gone? Your baking looks delicious! Like you I'm shopping from my stash, it's a good idea to use what you have before buying more.

Sweet Tea said...

Your cakes always look beautiful and delicious. You're making me hungry. Hope you're feeling better soon

Jackie said...

How was the cheesecake? it looks so pretty and I'm sure it is even prettier on a plate.

Such a good picture of Raz!

The quilt you're working on looks really pretty. The fabric is really pretty.

So sorry to hear you're in so much pain and are so uncomfortable! I've been thinking of you! I'm still behind on blog reading so I've just read this one.