Friday, May 1, 2015

So This Happened

On Monday I was minding my own business, I'd just had an awesome and relaxing pedicure and stopped at Safeway to get some things.  My light turned green and as always I look both ways because I have this fear of being t-boned.  Welllllll, I got t-boned.  A young gal with a child in her car, obviously not paying attention came out of nowhere doing at least 40mph ran smack into my new Subaru and shoved me so hard that she pushed me into a truck in the left hand turn lane.

No one was hurt bad enough to go to the hospital, but the seat belt clamped down on me so hard that I thought I was having a heart attack.  My left side hurts bad.  My knee is swollen, my chest is bruised and still painful, my hip (and it's a fake hip) hurts and I am having sciatic issues.  I can't sleep at night because it hurts, so I feel tired and cranky.

Here are some pictures:


Her car, once she hit me, she backed up and some bystanders said it looked like she was trying to leave the scene

My Car

As you can see I am slammed up to the truck and the bumper of the truck got pushed so hard that it was on his tire.  They had to use a crow bar to get the bumper off the tire to back the truck up for the tow trucks.

My right front tire is at an angle which you can't really see in the picture.




You know I'm not into violence but right now I'd like to slug this girl.  She gave the police her proof of insurance, well it was bogus and right now my insurance is working hard to figure out if she has anything or if she is an uninsured motorist.  She really has created a mess for all of us.  She had a child in the car and amazingly she and the child were fine, but sadly she plunked him down on the grass and was on her cell phone the whole time after the accident.  I don't get that, wouldn't you want to comfort you child?  Still no estimate on repairing the damage, but on a 2015 car it will be all new parts as there isn't anything out there but new parts for this new of a car.
 
Well I'm off to the chiropractor and I'm also getting 2 massages a week.  Chest x-ray showed nothing broken so that was good and my doctor did an ekg just to be sure the heart was okay given where the pain was.
 
Not exactly what I had planned for the coming weeks, ugh.
 
Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

5 comments:

Judy said...

Wow, I'm so sorry! That would be horrible and to have your new car damaged like that would be upsetting, not to mention how you're hurting. I hope that they are able to fix your car as good as new and that the insurance sorts itself out okay. Take care.

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Let's hope the insurance can sort this out for you, Tammy.

Carline said...

Oh , darn it! That isn't what you need on top of the other things you have on your plate. I hope you come out all right with your sore body and car!

Prairie Stitcher said...

Hope you're getting better. What a way to have a little excitement! There are a lot of uninsured drivers, I'm afraid, but hope yours wasn't one of them. We're all waiting to see how you are getting on.