Monday, May 11, 2015

Springtime Around Our Yard

Thought after the last sad blog post you might need to see that it's not all doom and gloom.  Our yard and flowers are looking so beautiful this year.  My hubby has such a green thumb and he loves the yard and flowers, they do keep him busy and give him something to putter around with.  My hubby likes to putter and he's always busy with some project or another.

Our Peonies are so beautiful this year and they smell so good:






Our deck is ready for enjoying the outdoors before it gets too hot.  Frogs are out as well as the table:


The swing and CR's 2 bbq's are ready for action - in fact he did a beer can chicken last night:


We planted the buckets on the deck last week.  I like to plant the million belles and this year I also planted a spike plant in each basket.  Both require very little to keep blooming all summer long - which is good because I am not a green thumb:



Our leaf bird bath has seen a lot of action already, and my metal quail family:


A gorgeous yellow rose we planted in honor of my Grandma:

A beautiful purple plant that I never remember the name of but I love it:


Close up of the yellow rose:


Lots of bird activity and squirrels climbing the tree outside of the window keep the boys entertained:

Rascal and Chanceman (they are big boys weighing in at 15 pounds)
Poor CR had to have a tooth pulled this morning.  The root was cracked and starting to bother him.  He's got a mouth full of gauze and decided to just lay down for a bit.  Rest is good!!  We saw his Oncologist last week and his PSA is down again.  We are thrilled because the PSA is an indicator that the meds he is on are working.  Working meds hopefully means that the cancer isn't continuing to grow in other places.  It won't take away what he has, but if it stops the spread that is good for us!We'll see the Oncologist in late June for all his scans.

I'm feeling better than I was when I last posted.  It's hard to hear from someone you care about that their time on this earth is limited.  And yet all of us have a limited amount of time on earth, it's just that we may not know the when and where and why of it all.  So what I plan to do is be a good friend, write, text, call and be there to listen when needed.  This is all I can offer at this point because my Husband and Aunties are my priorities in life right now.  I can only do so much and it's hard to make decisions like this, but in my heart this is the right decision for me.

I'm busy working on a cat and dog wall hanging for the Aunties, a baby quilt for a friend and I've now gathered all the fabrics for the top of a 108x108 bed quilt for us.  Lots of sewing to do.

What are you up to?

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What beautiful flowers, they make you heart sing just to look at them! Yes, none of us know how long we have on this earth, or even just what's around the corner....so if we live each day as though it's the most important one of our life, why then, we will be doing well.

Jackie said...

Wow! Your garden is gorgeous! Love the peonies especially. I have a major brown thumb and really do not enjoy the work that has to go into it.

Such good news on the PSA testing! Hugs to you both!