Monday, June 22, 2015

Blueberry Pickin

It's that time of year.  Blueberries are ripe and picking is abundant.  All total we picked 56 pounds and froze most of them.  Cliff has blueberries in his oatmeal all year long and I do some baking and it's amazing how you truly use them all and are ready for picking season to begin.

Blueberries ready for the Freezer

A blueberry pie that didn't last long

A blueberry buckle, more cake like than a cobbler or crisp.  It was delicious.
I received a box in the mail from my Aunties - they told me they were sending me a "little" thank you for the wall hangings and cookies I sent to them.  There was nothing little about it and I was so excited when I opened the box and saw what it was:




Oh my goodness when I saw the Jim Shore boxes I couldn't get into them fast enough.  They spoil me!!  

Along with all that blueberry picking and baking, I finished my July Block of the Month Door Hanging early and I love how it turned out:


And for Fathers day I was able to get Blackberries at Farmers Market, so Cliff got a delicious blackberry pie:


And just because I haven't posted pictures of them for a while, here are the kids:

Chance man has taken to napping on the wicker chair in my sewing room, that is currently
hidden under a pile of fabric and a few wall hangings.

Maddie (shhhh, she has to go to the groomers this week and she won't be happy about that!)

Razzy - watching birds and napping and thankfully staying out of trouble for a few minutes!

Scotchie likes to hide in back of our bedroom door, I wish I knew why, but if you
can't find him in the usual spots, you'll find him there.
My shoulder is so much better and so is my neck.  I'm still doing one more session of PT, and seeing the massage therapist once a week.  The only issue at this point is my wrist.  I thought the problem with it was my shoulder just causing my whole arm to be weak and hurt, but it would seem there is more to the wrist than just the shoulder.  Ugh!

My car is still in repair, apparently one of the parts was bad so they had to reorder it and it didn't come in till Friday.  Please pray that they get it to painting this week and then assemble it and I get it back.  This week will be 2 months since the accident and I am so OVER the whole thing.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Tammy, the important thing is to get you well, the car is just a 'thing' and people are more important than 'things' aren't they? I know it's all been a nuisance and you just want it done and finished, though. Sweet angels, and I love the cat......no doubt about it, your aunties are lovely! Your blueberries look good, and the pie and blueberry buckle look very yummy!

Jackie said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! I hope the wrist is too and fast. I know you'll be happy to have your car back. I think they've had it longer than you had it.

The blueberry buckle looks delicious! Warm with a little butter - yum!

Joanna Jenkins said...

So now I'm drooling over your baking!!! Those blueberries and your baked goods look delicious!!!

Take your time and heal. it's such a pain-- literally. I'm so sorry.

Fingers crossed on the car repair finally being finished.

xoxo jj