Thursday, June 11, 2015

Six Week

It's been 6 very long weeks since my accident.  I've just started to feel like my neck and shoulder and collar bone will be okay.  Everything is moving again for the most part and not painful.  I give full credit to my wonderful massage therapist for that.  I also started PT this week to get range of motion back in my shoulder as it's just not what it was before the accident.

At this point I only know that the repairs on my car started at the end of last week, but it still needs to go to painting and assembly.  Ugh, probably another 2+ weeks till I see it.  The repair shop has had it longer than I did at this point.

I finally got my block of the month door hanging for June done on Wednesday.  It turned out really good.  I had messed up May's block so badly from stress and the car accident that I contacted the sellers and was able to get all the materials to remake it.  I'm excited to make it and have it look nice, The messed up version was embarrassing.


Last night we had the last of the Copper River (Alaska) Salmon.  It's my favorite of all the salmon and it's only available for a short time.  It tends to be expensive, but oh so worth it.


It's been so hot that I was craving my Grandmothers Lemon Fluff recipe, it is so cool and delicious and refreshing, so I made it yesterday.


It's supposed to be in the 90's today, rather than in the triple digits, hooray.  Tomorrow and through the weekend it's supposed to be in the 80's.  Man that sounds so good after all that heat.  And to make it even better, blueberry picking starts on Friday, so we'll be out in the fields picking blueberries to put in the freezer, and to make Cliff a Blueberry Pie for Fathers Day.

My next sewing room project is to get 2 baby quilts done.  Then I have some quilting on lap quilts I've made that are not complete yet.

So what are you sewing these days??

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

3 comments:

Jackie said...

So glad to hear you're feeling more yourself. I hope the PT returns all your range of motion to you and that your car is home soon!

Your June door hanging is cute!

You'd think living in Florida I'd be a huge seafood fan. My mom grew up in the midwest and didn't really learn to cook it so we never ate it. As a result, I'm not too keen on it. My kids, however, would love to get all over that salmon you were cooking!

Jennifer said...

Oh, that salmon looks so good......I really like salmon! So does your Lemon Fluff dessert. Love your redwork embroidery, what a sweet design, and your fabrics set it off beautifully too. Fingers crossed for a good result with the PT and the car repair work!

Joanna Jenkins said...

That heat is brutal, Tammy. Especially when you're cooking!

Love the Block of the Month! You whip these up soon fast!

It's amazing that you STILL do not have your car back from the repair shop! Good lord-- I could have done it by now (ha!).

Glad to hear there's improvement on your pain-- Wish that was over too. Stay strong.

xo jj