Sunday, July 5, 2015

4th of July

I was busy in my sewing room on the 4th.  It was just to hot to do anything outside and we have to be home when the fireworks start because Maddie gets so upset by them.

So I made some burp clothes and a small wall hanging that I got a couple of years ago in a kit.  It was a fun day, quiet and relaxed - just the way we like it.

It was a photo of Haystack Rock in Cannon beach and some batiks to border it.
Very quick and simple and I love how it looks.

Burp Clothes for the baby girl our niece is having.

Burp Clothes for the baby boy a friend is having.
It's still hot as heck around here and I sure wish it would cool off a tad.  It's only July and I find myself anxious for fall already.  But since it's July, those triple digits are the likely scenario for the rest of the month.  I don't know how early settlers did it without air conditioning, or heat in the winter.  I'm grateful that I wasn't around for that!!

Happy Stitches and Hugs!
Tam

1 comment:

Joanna Jenkins said...

Adorable burp cloths, Tammy!

It's hot in Los Angeles too-- and now I hear the humidity is coming this weekend and the temps rise even higher. Oh joy.

Hope it's nice and cool for your recovery.

Sending big hugs, xo jj