Saturday, July 25, 2015

My New Ride

I was surprised it's been so long since my last post.  Guess I've been busy preparing for my new ride -behold, my scooter:


Oh, did I forget to mention it's an old lady scooter because this old gal had her ankle operated on this past Wednesday and can't put any weight on it for 6 weeks:


I wasn't sure about using the scooter in the house so I've tried crutches, my walker from my knee replacement and finally I decided to see how the scooter would work - well it's a miracle.  The leg that has the surgical cast on is so heavy that being able to rest it on the cushion really helps when you are trying to do the simplest of chores.  And the cats hated the walker, they're not sure about the scooter, but it's a lot quieter so it's more acceptable I think.

Monday I get a cast put on for 2&1/2 weeks, then I have to have it removed so they can take out the sutures and another cast will go back on for another fun filled 3 weeks.  I plan to pick some wild color for the cast - like hot pink or purple or just something fun, I mean why not, right.

So I'm taking it easy, taking my pain meds and just hanging out at home.  It's a production to get a shower and all so that has to happen at night before bed or I'd never make it to an appointment.  

I've got a couple of projects cut out and ready for me to sit and sew when I'm in the mood, I also have an embroidery project that I can do so I shouldn't get bored.

So tell me what exciting things are you up to?

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a clever idea! I have seen one of these scooters being used locally and wondered what it was for, as the woman using it wasn't wearing a cast. Yes, definitely - get a wild colour!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Absolutely! Get a wild color for your next cast. Might as well have a little fun with it.

Glad the scooter is working out. I never thought about the cast being heavy but it makes sense! And the scooter has a basket which is VERY HELPFUL when you need a piece of peach pie :-)

xoxo jj

Lady of the Cloth said...

Those of us who are of a "certain age" must all be having repairs to our bodies. 5 weeks ago I had spinal surgery and I am so glad. My never ending headaches and numb arms are gone, well, my arms aren't gone, but you know. I woke up from surgery with NO pain. I haven't even taken a pain pill. I hope your surgery will be as successful. The time where you can't do much is the pits, but well worth it. It looks like high temps again this week so a good week to stay in an air-conditioned house to me. Good luck with your healing.