Saturday, August 22, 2015

12

I'm counting down the torturous days left in this cast.  12 Days.  That means I have completed 4&1/2 weeks of being in a cast and not putting weight on my left leg.  It is getting really old and really frustrating to say the least.  A little over a week ago they removed my orange cast, took the stitches out and then put on my purple cast:


It's pretty, but it's driving me nuts at this point. See that dark spot on my leg, that cast puts pressure on it and my knee when I use the scooter to get around, man it hurts like a deep bruise at this point. And the scooter, while it makes getting around easier, I have had several unpleasant encounters with it.


It's not easy to maneuver, so sometimes you have to move the back wheels and I've often used my casted leg to push it over.  The other day I did that and ended up banging it into the inside of my good ankle which was already bruised from scooter run ins and wow, I could have cried it hurt so bad.  I had to take 2 days and keep it up and ice the heck out of it.  It's still tender to even touch it, but I can hobble around on it again without pain.  I have to say that while it's handy, if you tend to be a klutz like me, it can give you problems.  Pretty much the whole inside of my good leg, from my knee down is full of bruises.  However, it's easier to use than crutches.

This is a big week for me.  I see the Urologist on Thursday to have Betty Bladder checked for any cancerous tumors.  It's been a year since my last check up and treatments and I know we are going to get the all clear.  That said I am a bit nervous, the exam itself is rather uncomfortable and I keep wondering what the heck I'm gonna do with this leg in a cast - I don't think the stirrup will hold it.  Yikes.  I'm sure it will all work out fine and I'm anxious to get the exam behind me.

Sadly, this cast and trying to kill myself with the scooter are the extent of all the exciting things I've been up to.  I plan to get into my sewing room today and work on some Halloween wall hangings for the Aunties and myself.  It's so smokey outside right now it's a good thing the cast keeps me in the house mostly.  

I saw this map on Facebook this morning of all the fires in our state and it's no wonder we are so smokey.


Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Never mind.......not so long to go now until your cast is off, and as you say your scooter is easier than crutches, just imagine how much trouble you would get into with them! *grin* Fingers crossed for a good report too.

Jackie said...

You're on the home stretch! That bruise on your knee looks wicked. I can see why it would be painful. It looks like the scooter really isn't made for getting around the house but more wide open spaces. It doesn't look easy to maneuver at all.

I'll be thinking of you next week as you go to your doctors appt. I'm sure everything is going to be great! How is CR doing?

That is far too many fires in your state!