Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A Package

CR took me to an early morning massage today and when we returned home there was a package waiting by the door.  Our mail lady was early today.  Anyhow it was from my Aunties and it was full of fun stuff:

This sticker made me laugh, not sure where I'll put it - probably on the bulletin board in my sewing room .

2 adorable owl towels - I love owls

Isn't this little piggy cute - oh my  goodness I love it.  It's sort of bowl shaped.

Measuring spoons with a wine theme

And last, but not least an adorable owl trivet.
What a fun way to start the morning.  

Tomorrow I go to my ortho's office to get the orange cast taken off and the stitches removed.  Then sadly, a new cast put back on for another 3 weeks.  I have to be in a cast for 6 weeks and not put weight on it the whole time.  It's been frustrating because doing stuff around the house, cooking, heck even a shower is a major production.  I appreciate the scooter thing I have because on crutches I'd get less done.  But the scooter has it's limits too and darn if it isn't making my knee and shin sore.  I just keep telling myself - only 3 more weeks and I can do this, I'm half way there.

I haven't really been doing much for the past 3 weeks.  Some cooking and baking, embroidery, and sometimes it feels like a big deal just to shower so I count it as an accomplishment as well.  Sad as it sounds.  I'm hoping that removing the stitches will lessen the late afternoon ache that I feel.  I have had to resort to taking a pain pill to calm it down and I hate pain pills.  Good thing is I don't have to worry about becoming addicted to them.

Sorry I haven't blogged much or instagrammed much, just not much to say, show or see around here. Once out of this cast I hope to make up for lost time and have some fun.  I truly need a fabric shopping fix, but don't have the heart to drag CR to the fabric shop - he does so much as it is right now.

So tell me what you've been up to - it has to be more fun than my summer so far.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Your Aunties sent such a great package!

Stay strong - you're almost getting there with your recovery! Is it possible your late afternoon ache is from doing too much?

Jennifer said...

Halfway through is good! No shame in taking those pain pills, my friend......they are there to help, and their use is only temporary. What cute goodies from your aunts, those spoons are lovely - I haven't seen anything like them!

Joanna Jenkins said...

I could use that sticker today! I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed... or was it because about 15 contractors were banging away at 7am next door!?!? Sigh. No rest for the weary.

I've seen your fab purple cast! Hope it's comfortable and not too hot.

I think the two of us could probably do some serious damage if we went fabric shopping together!

xo jj