Saturday, December 19, 2015

Christmas

Hello Everyone, so sorry I've been absent.  I haven't been interested in my blog or anyone elses these past few months and I miss it, but something has to give.  My husband is doing well and yet not.  The medicine has given him chemo brain and I've had to pick up a lot more of everything because he just can't.  It's been hard, not just from the overload, but from the grief of our lives changing so significantly and the probability that they will never be the same.  Ah life, it always throws you curve balls, but sometimes you just aren't prepared and you just don't handle them well.  I am so grateful to have my husband with me and I'll do it all if that is what it takes, but I get tired and overwhelmed and feel like I can't do anything and everything or do them well even.

I'll try to be better about blogging, but if you don't see me, well you know that life is busy and I have more important things I must do.

Merry Christmas and big hugs,
Tam

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Tammy, your friends understand......look after yourselves and enjoy your time together. Best wishes to you both for a loving and peaceful Christmas.

Jackie said...

Tam, your friends do understand and we're here to support you in any way that we can. You handle everything beautifully but sometimes the strong one needs to be supported.

I could only hope to handle curve balls as well as you do! xoxo

Prairie Stitcher said...

Merry Christmas, you two....and the critters, too. It's a difficult time of life, this aging part. Hard to be cheerful at times. I have to remember that my troubles are few compared with others...and that I'm not immortal, so I have to cut out the whining. Still, there are days, aren't there, where we just need a good whimper. All that said, I decided, this year, to concentrate on the Savior. No one is coming to visit this holiday and I miss the children and all their Christmas yearnings and excitement. So, I've been studying the life of Jesus and trying to be like him a little more...and making stuff for others...and giving as many gifts as I can. My husband, a Vietnam Vet, gets quite troubled this time of year with the light so brief and the nights so long. I have to just drag him out into the sunshine at least every other day or he becomes very sad. It doesn't seem to bother me, the fading days. After this week, they'll be getting longer....I'm trying always to be looking forward to something. If I could, I'd take all your sorrows, put them in a little bag and mail them to Timbukto. But, I can't. But maybe it helps you to know that I would bear your burdens, if I could. Again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Kathie, in Odessa (yup, it's snowing again!)

Judy said...

I'm so sorry. Life is hard sometimes and you're right, and a big part of it is knowing that life won't be the same. I'm praying for you both.
Merry Christmas to both of you and I hope that your holidays have some brightness and joy to them in between struggling days.
Take care,
Judy