Monday, January 25, 2016

Have you heard of Instant Pot

So - have you heard of Instant Pot?  Oh my gosh around Christmas time a bunch of my friends were going on and on about it.  It looks like a crock pot, but it's an electric pressure cooker.  It has all sorts of settings and wow, it does everything well and fast.  I've done a cheap chuck roast in it with potatoes and carrots that was fall apart tender and delicious.  Last night I did a 6 pound whole chicken in 45 minutes and it was so juicy and falling apart it was cooked so nicely.  Typically these things would take all day in the oven on low heat or in the case of the chicken at least a couple of hours and splatters all over the oven to clean up too.  If you are interested I got mine on Amazon as they have some of the best prices -here is the link:  Instant Pot

  • Instant Pot IP-LUX50 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 5Qt/900W, Stainless Steel Cooking Pot and Exterior
I got the biggest kick out of Scotchie today, he hides his face and I swear he thinks he's invisible and you can't see him:

You can't see me Mom and I'm not gonna look at you!

Okay I can't help it - I had to look, yep I'm here, but I was invisible!!
Brought something home in a big sack and Chanceman decided to get playful and then when he was done he just sat on it for a while - just so everybody knew it was his sack and don't touch it.


Went to a local store called Craft Warehouse today to get some backing fabric.  Well they had a lot of cute ideas and so I checked out all the cute, crafty ideas and put my own choices and touches to the ideas and came up with this:

It's a small lantern that I put a 30 strand battery operated twinkle lights into, then some moss and then this adorable owl figure.  I think he turned out so cute.  I need to hide the battery pack better though.  Sadly with flash you can't see the twinkle lights.

CR continues his PT to help him stand straighter.  We also had an oncologist appt today.  For the past 2 months his PSA has gone up 2 points each month.  No changes to medicine yet, but it may be coming if this becomes a trend as well as a full set of scans to see what the cancer is doing and if there are new lesions on the bones, etc.  Golly that is not what I wanted to hear, but a lot of new medicines have come out, so there are other things to try and we will continue to stay positive and make the best of a rough situations.

We've had sunshine for several days and it sure does make a person feel better.  I feel some energy again, even though I've had a terrible stomach bug that is still sort of hanging on and I'm doing my best to try to ignore it.

So what is your weather like - are you stuck with a lot of snow, or are you getting to see the sun?  What have you been up to, any fun changes to the house or planned changes to the yard and garden?

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

That looks like a very useful cooker! Love those kitty pics - they have made my day.

We're enjoying a warm, sunny (but not too hot) day today, thank goodness......after the heat of the past few weeks.

Sweet Tea said...

I've heard others echo their p,easure with the pressure cooker. I had one of the old time ones a very long time ago. I always cooked soup and beans in it...I enjoy seeing all your crafts. You're a natural at all things creative. Sure hope your husband sees improvements in his tests the next time.

Jackie said...

I've been thinking about getting an IP. I've been hearing so many good things about it and anything to help speed up dinner prep is a good idea!

Your owl is adorable! Great job with that. Scotchie is adorable too!

So sorry to hear about the stomach bug. Glad you have the sun. It's definitely been hiding here. It makes a world of difference.

As always, thinking of you and Cliff. xoxo

Judy said...

That's such a great item and thanks for mentioning it. I have one of the old pressure cookers which is a little scary! I'm so sorry that Cliff's results aren't what you had hoped for, that must be so hard for you both.
Take care of yourselves.

Jeanette said...

Hi1 New reader here! That looks like a great appliance to have! Thanks for sharing1 Come say hi!