Sunday, January 17, 2016

Winter Spruce Up and Hobby Lobby

Are you like me, you take all the Christmas stuff down and then you decide things need to be changed up as you put the house back together.  Sometimes I do a lot, sometimes it's just a matter of moving things around.  This year I did a few things and they all involved Hobby Lobby.  My Aunt Jean and I feel we should own stock in HL as we seem to have a bit of an addiction.  The thing is they have great stuff and great sales, so what's not to love, right!

I put my back to school boyds bears on the old sewing cabinet that sits on top of my MIL's cedar chest and then found this adorable bird house and candle holder to go with them at HL.

I had this old rustic bell hanging from that hook for years and I was sick of it, then on a trip to HL I found this adorable teapot with cups and spoons wind chime.  Around here we get winds that would smash it in no time, but it was perfect for the inside!

I had a wooden picnic basket here for years, but I was tired of the look, so I found this adorable little shelf with 2 galvanized shelf/trays for this spot, it had to be short as I didn't want my quilt hidden behind it.

A closer look at the shelf.  The two kitties on the top shelf were sent to my recently (from my Auntie) and they are also from HL in North Carolina.  I haven't seen them at our HL.  I think they are so cute!

I have this thing for Owls and I have my Auntie started on having a thing for them too.  She found this Owl at her HL and sent it to me.  When I got it I remembered these tiny stools at HL and thought it would be perfect for him to sit on and watch me in the evenings.  He's my embroidery inspector as he usually sees me in my chair doing that!!

In my other living room I had this candle holder lantern thing hanging there for years and I was sick of it too, so I found this adorable bird cage at HL yesterday.  It hangs above my MIL's buffet and I have my patriotic angels and such there so I got the red bird cage (they have it in blue and green also).
Yesterday I decided I was tired of my snowmen wall hangings and winter themes so I decided to jump the gun and go ahead and put out Valentines day stuff.  All that pink and red and hearts brightens the room a bit and Valentines is less than a month away.

It's been a rough winter around here.  Cliff is still holding his own and going to PT to strengthen his back and core so he doesn't walk so bent over.  I had an epidural in 2 spots in my back this past week and I'm hoping it helps out with the pain I was feeling.  My knee (left Knee) is bone on bone and the cartilage under the knee cap is totally gone as well.  So I'm going through the process of getting another knee replacement.  It worries me to be in the hospital for 4 days and leaving Cliff alone.  I have to figure something out, but it won't be till April/May so I have sometime to get that arranged.  I worry about him because he has the chemo brain issues that come from heavy duty cancer meds and he needs help daily - he needs me and I have to get this knee fixed and get out of pain so I can be the best me and help possible.

This winter has been so grey and depressing.  I need some sunshine and the spring I think.  So it helps to just redo little things in the house to switch it up and have some fun with it.  I am so blessed to have a hubby who enjoys and appreciates all the little changes I make and how I switch things up.  He is always so complimentary of what I do.

So tell me what you have been up to since the holidays?

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

5 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Girl, you are "preaching to the choir". I love Hobby Lobby and there is one very near our house so I can spend hours there looking at everything if I have the time. I'm doing the same thing you are around my house. I think changing things up helps us through the long winter days. Change can be such a good thing sometimes. You've made some very creative changes and it's great that your husband enjoys them too.

Jennifer said...

We don't have Hobby Lobby here......probably just as well! I like what you bought.

Jackie said...

I've only been to HL once and it was a quick in and out. Sounds like I need to fix that asap!

As always, thinking of you both and wishing you the best of health. Hugs.

Prairie Stitcher said...

Never been to HL. I do a lot of shopping online, though, so I should go and look, yes? You're just trying to be the best you can be. That's so good. I'm afraid I am very ratty about my failing physicality (is that a word?). You are so much nicer. You're doing a great job. There must be someone who can come in and "do" for your EC (Eternal Companion) while you're gone. Wish I were closer. Kathie in Odessa

Joanna Jenkins said...

Hi Tammy,
Glad to see you are doing something fun for yourself... shopping and decorating! Works for me too :-)
LOVE that owl-- what a handsome guy!
Terribly sorry about your knee and the pain it's causing. Surgery seems like a long way off but when he day finally arrives it will feel like it flew by and your still have things to do first! You've had your share of surgeries so I know you know your body and what's ahead so you'll be ready to roll.
As for Cliff-- that dear, dear man. I'm sorry he's struggling. And, I know you're worried about him when you're in the hospital. Perhaps a chat with his doctor might give you some ideas and insight if Medicare could help with caregiver visits each day??? I don't know, but maybe it's a possibility?
Hang in there my friend and take good care of yourself. Keep your chin up and know I'm cheering you on.
xoxoxoxo jj