Saturday, February 13, 2016

Catching up in Pictures

I certainly meant to try and post on a weekly basis, but time got away from me.

One thing I wanted to share is a friend ship quilt I made and will be finally giving it to my friend this next week.  I took a picture of the whole thing and then the individual blocks:











Next Up, I purchased a new desk from Pier One.  I didn't want a large desk and it would seem that to buy something all put together in this area, you need to buy big, so ugh, we had to put the legs on, which wasn't to bad.  Now unplugging and plugging all those wires into the right spot again - torture, or so it seemed at the time.


I've been fighting a nasty stomach bug for a week now and so it was such a pleasant surprise to get a box in the mail from my Auntie with a gorgeous Jim Shore Easter Basket and Eggs and a mouse that has an owl on it.



And around this house if you get up, you lose your chair to a cat.  The other evening I lost my chair to Scotchie, he's such a love, although shy with others, he's a sweet boy with us.


I went to Hobby Lobby to decorate my coffee table for Easter with the new basket I have and here it is:

I got the blue and white bunnies, then egg garland that was strung with twine.  The white bunnies don't show up as well as I'd like, darn it.

Then I had this hanging basket I'd gotten years ago and I wanted to do something different with it, so I took out what was in it, then put in styrofoam blocks and covered them with moss and stuck in these adorable owls that are actually for the outside, but I thought they'd be cute inside:


Well that is what I've been up to.  Not much, but it's better than nothing right.  Oh one thing that happened this month is my hubby went to renew his drivers license, because he walked slow - yes that is what they told us, he had to take the driving part of the test again before they would renew his license.  He is about to be 76 and he has bone cancer, ya think he might move slow for a reason, doesn't mean he can't still drive.  Oh well he was so nervous, but he passed, hooray!!  Of course they knocked his score down because they didn't feel he could move his neck enough and because they didn't have a proper area to properly parallel park and wanted him to parallel park and pretend vehicles and a curb were there.  Heck I wouldn't pass that part either, you just can't fake some things. Thank goodness it's over and he has his new license!

I also got my surgery date for my knee replacement.  The fun will be happening on March 31st.  In the mean time I'm riding my recumbent bike to strengthen my leg and have as much range of motion as possible pre-surgery.  Since I had the right knee done less than 2 years ago, I pretty much remember the routine.  Sure didn't expect to have to have another knee done so soon though.

Things are humming along and going better.  I've take over the finances and a lot of things to relieve CR.  He suffers from what they call chemo brain and has his good and bad days.  It was very emotional to take all that over and to know that our lives were changing so significantly, that things we used to do, would no longer be, like going in our 5th wheel.  I am however so grateful for my husband and that I still have him with me.  He has his 76th birthday on the 19th of this month and then we celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary on the 19th of March.  We are blessed - I am blessed.

Happy Valentines, Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tammy

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Tammy, your quilt is really lovely - your friend will be very lucky! Best wishes to you and CR, tell him from us to keep on hanging in there. Every day is precious.

Judy said...

What a lovely quilt! I love the stitching and the sentiments, your friend is a lucky woman to get such a wonderful quilt. Do you mind sharing what pattern you used?
I'm sorry for the health challenges that you both face, that must just be tough for both of you on a daily basis.
Take care,
Judy

Jeanna said...

I love the friendship quilt. You have perfect stitching. I'm sure your friends loves it.

Hard to believe East is just around the corner. Love the little basket.

I'll say a prayer for you and your husband. And good luck with your surgery.