Monday, February 22, 2016

March Birthdays

It's almost the month of March and that means both Aunties are having birthdays.  One on the 5th and one on the 24th.  I got their presents finished up today and still need to bake the requested chocolate chip cookies.  Of course I always tell them to share, but they always crack me up with telling me one of them hid the cookies from the other.  One year my Aunt Jean went to Aunt Shirl's house, which is right next door, she was napping so Aunt Jean left her 3 cookies and when Aunt Shirl woke up, she called Aunt Jean to say - hey where are the rest of the cookies and my Aunt said that Tammy only sent us 6 so I split them with you.  Well it's rather nice that they both love my baking to the point of trying to hog all the cookies.

I did a set of embroidered seasons that have a button up back ground on a small wire stand for them. They love it when I make them things and I know they will enjoy these.

Here are some pictures:

The button up background hanging on the stand

Spring

Summer

Autumn

Winter
I may have to make a set for myself they turned out so cute.  I got the pattern and the stand from Bird Brain Designs

And how about a birthday quote:  The age of a woman doesn't mean a thing.  The best tunes are played on the oldest fiddles.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now if I can just get over the chest cold I have I'll get those cookies baked.  Last Friday I could feel it moving into my chest and I was having so much trouble breathing (asthma), that I called my doctor and quickly got on antibiotics.  I think the worst of it is over, but the cough remains and the head is getting in on the action.  I haven't had a cold in a few years so I've been lucky and at least I'm getting it out of the way before my knee replacement.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Tammy, those are lovely! Your aunts will just adore them.

Sweet Tea said...

I always enjoy reading about your aunts.
What a special relationship you share with them.
They are absolutely gonna love their special treats
this year. Take care of yourself and feel better soon,
dear friend.

Jackie said...

Your aunts are too funny! I love that they fight over your baking. Looking at your food picture, I'm not surprised at all that they do! I love the seasons stitching you made for them. Super cute and I love the red.

I hope you're feeling better soon. My started in my chest and so far no head action other than normal allergies. Thank goodness for prednisone because the tightness was something else.

Judy said...

Haha, that's so funny about the cookies!! I don't blame them at all for hiding them....
They are going to love the quilts, they turned out so nicely and the stitching adds such a great touch.
I hope that you feel better soon!