Monday, March 7, 2016

Exhausting Week

Boy oh boy was last week exhausting.  First the very long day to install the new heat pump/furnace and thermostat.  Then a day of duct cleaning and sealing.  Then I go to clean house on Saturday and my darn vacuum gives out on me.  Seriously, I can't take much more.  Can't something cheap break down, that is easy to replace or something you don't have to replace right away.

At the end of last week I discovered an extremely ugly, short piece of white rain gutter on the house by where the new heat pump is - I was not amused at this discovery:


 Apparently in order to get the PUD's (public utility district) rebate for the new installation they require this rain gutter thing.  It would make since if the unit was directly under the roof line, however it sits back from the house almost 2 feet, which makes the rain gutter useless.  It will be removed once the rebate is approved.  How ridiculous if you ask me.

I got my new glasses last week and I'm very happy with them.  I was so sick and tired of the rectangle lenses.  I actually got 2 pairs, one for regular use and one that is specific to computer/reading/up close use.  I love both pairs, but be careful which pair you are wearing when you decide to drive to the grocery store.


 While we sat around while all the work was going on around the house last week we had the TV on and the Today show was playing.  Well this gal made a Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake and that made CR drool, so this weekend I baked him that cake, and he loves it.


 And finally there are signs of life and greenery around the place.  Hooray for spring:




That is about all I have to tell.  I was exhausted this weekend so I did a fair amount of resting to get back on my feet.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I feel your pain......we had to buy a new vacuum cleaner last week, our cook top will be replaced when we come home from holidays, and the car will soon need new tyres.......if it's not one thing, it's another!

Sweet Tea said...

Your photo makes me miss having a Forsythia bush. Must add that to my "need to plant" list.
BTW, I like the frames you chose for your glasses. Good job!