Saturday, March 26, 2016

Happy Easter

Well, just 5 more days and I'll be in surgery getting yet another bionic knee.  That will make a set of bionic knees and a bionic hip.  And hopefully the arthritis will stop, I haven't got time for this, and it hurts!!

In the meantime, tomorrow is Easter.  I wasn't going to do anything special and then I watched Pioneer Woman on the Food network last Saturday and this one dish she made got me thinking, well I have to cook anyhow.  So I got a bone in spiral cut ham and I'm going to make Pioneer Woman's funeral potatoes to go with it.  Sounds depressing right, well these potatoes have sour cream and cheese and all sorts of stuff that make them a heart attack in a casserole dish of goodness.  I don't usually cook stuff like this but I figure once a year, why not.

I've been spring cleaning and dusting and moving furniture and going to town on the house.  I won't be doing any deep cleaning for a few weeks after surgery so I figured I could start out with a nice clean house.  And after the heat pump and furnace install, wow, this house needed the deep cleaning.

I also got busy last weekend and put together 5 table runners.  Three for me and 2 for the Aunties:

I made this one for the side table by my chair and a second one for my Aunt Shirl

I made this one for my coffee table.  I didn't have enough fabric to make more than one.

This seems to be the only photo I have of my blue and yellow one.  It was material I had in my stash and I thought it would make a pretty runner, I also made one for my Aunt Jean.
Once I completed the table runners I had to take my sewing machine in for her yearly tune up.  She's only 5 months overdue.  I should have taken it in last October, but I totally forgot.  Last fall and part of the winter were very stressful and tune ups were the last thing on my mind.  I miss my sewing machine when she's in the shop.  It's okay if she is here and I'm to busy to use her, but if she's gone, I keep wanting to start a project.

Last week I took this picture of our oldest cat Chanceman, he's such a beautiful boy, I thought I should share it:


Just small things left to do.  Monday I'll vacuum and mop.  Tuesday I'll do some cooking and baking.  Wednesday I'll do the laundry and get my hair colored.  I won't know till Wednesday afternoon what time my surgery will be.  

Happy Easter to you all and Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tam

1 comment:

Carline said...

Good luck on your surgery. I had a arthroscopic knee surgery for a torn meniscus and although it has been 7 weeks, it still hurts. I can't imagine what a big surgery like yours will be like. I wish I was closer so I could help you.
I hope you are getting some spring weather, we are tired of the rain over here and it seems to make the knee worse too.
I make funeral potatoes all the time for potlucks at church and there is never a drop left. I love them too but with all those calories, they have to be good.
Happy Easter, Carline