Thursday, May 19, 2016

Sadness

My Aunt Shirley passed away in the wee hours of Tuesday morning.  She was in so much pain and it was so hard on my poor Aunt Jean to see her suffer like that, sadly it's a blessing that she is at peace now.  I'll be going back in June to help Aunt Jean out as much as possible for a couple of weeks and to spend some quality time with her as well.

Meanwhile Cliff's PSA is going up and the medicine is not working so we are currently in the process of getting bone and cat scans and changing his medicine.  I pray this one works and lasts longer than 14 months.

It's been a rough week.  The day Aunt Shirley passed I had an epidural in my SI joint and bursa - both sides and that has helped with the pain I was in, but still there is some pain and restlessness on my part that I hope to get rid of with the new round of injections in early June.

Happy Stitches and Hugs,
Tammy

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

So sorry to hear about your Aunt Shirley, Tammy......you will miss her, after all it's not so very long that you all made contact again. At least you did get to know her before she passed.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Sigh... My heart is with you Tammy. I know how dear you hold your Aunties. I am so sorry for your loss.

Your Aunt Jean will be very happy to see you, despite the circumstances. It'll be good for both of you, I hope.

Stay strong my friend.

xoxo jj

Carline said...

I am so sorry to hear that you have had such a bad week. It is always hard to lose loved ones but good that you have great memories and that she isn't in pain anymore. Keep your head up. Fondly, Carline

Sweet Tea said...

I know that both your Aunts are very special to you.
You must ache at the loss of this one that you loved so much.
Special (((HUGS)))

Judy said...

I'm sorry about your loss and I'm sure that you miss your aunt so much. That's good that you're going to help out, I'm sure that your help will be appreciated. I hope that you both feel better soon-take care.

Suzanne McClendon said...

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your aunt. {{{Hugs}}} I will pray for all of you to be healed of the health issues going on. May you have a blessed week.